|Welcome to Mahtomedi Area
Preschool is an exciting time for young learners. Building on what children have learned from their parents as their first teachers, Mahtomedi Area Preschool (MAP) helps prepare them for the world of kindergarten.
2020-2021 Preschool (MAP)!
MAP takes 3-5 year olds through daily activities that strengthen social-emotional, physical, and cognitive development. The curriculum features exploration and discovery as a way of learning. Math, language and literacy skills are sharpened in MAP, as is self-regulation. Along the way children further develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking abilities. Teachers and associates truly get to know each child as they grow together through their MAP experience.
We look forward to having your family join our MAP family!
|What Makes Mahtomedi Area Preschool Unique?
- 4-Star Parent Aware Preschool Program
- Ongoing assessment using Teaching Strategies GOLD® which is aligned with Minnesota Kindergarten State Standards
- Low child to teacher ratio
- Licensed early childhood teachers and trained associates in every classroom
- On-site specialists to meet individual needs
- Differentiated learning opportunities
- Class times aligned to meet family’s needs and stay connected to our community
- MAP staff work closely with kindergarten staff to ensure a seamless transition to kindergarten for your child.