September 19, 2022 - May 22, 2023 (Semester 1 and Semester 2)
Offered in cooperation with Mahtomedi Community Education and Linda Niziolek, Middle School Band Director.
Parents must contact the band instructor before registration.
All questions regarding the lessons and scheduling of lessons will be administered by the individual band instructors. Registration, payment and billing will be processed by Community Education. Prompt registration will maximize # of lessons. For program related questions please call Ms. Linda Niziolek, 651-407-2229 or .
Registration Policies, Procedure and Priority:
Parents must contact the individual band instructor to schedule lessons before completing registration with Community Education. Band instructor’s preferred method of communication is email (email addresses are listed on the back of this page).
Registration Priority: 1. Middle School student in the school band program. 2. High School student in the school band program. 3. MS/HS student not in the band program. 4. Students not attending ISD #832 schools. 3. Registrations and payment: Payments are due to the Community Education Office by September 15, 2022 for semester 1 and January 17, 2023 for semester 2. Families may choose to pay for the entire school year or make 2 payments.
Session 1: Weeks of September 19 - January 13 (Semester 1) = 15 lessons
Session 2: Weeks of January 23 - May 19 (Semester 2) = 15 lessons
(1) 26-Minutes typically during the school day (private)
(2) 30-Minutes typically before or after school lesson (private)
26-Minute Lessons: $367.50 - 15 lessons, $735 - 30 lessons, entire school year
30-Minute Lessons: $410.25 - 15 lessons, $820.50 - 30 lessons, entire school year
Band Lessons are paid at registration before each semester.
Any lesson missed due to non-payment or late payment will be forfeited.
If a student decides to join the lesson program mid-session the fee will be pro-rated as directed by Ms. Niziolek.
- A 24-hour cancellation notice should be given by emailing or calling your private teacher.
- If a student misses a lesson due to illness or tech issues, it will be made up by the end of each existing session. Each student is entitled to make-up one lesson per semester. Reasonable attempt will be made to make it up by the end of the session, and if it is not completed by the end of the session the student forfeits that lesson time. There will be no carry over of make-up lessons from session to session.
- Any cancellation (other than illness) by the student on the day of lessons will not be made up.
- If you plan on dropping band lessons, please inform your instructor and the Community Education office. No refunds will be given for lessons stopped during the session.
- If your teacher cancels a lesson due to illness or an emergency, he/she will make up the lesson by the end of each session. If there is a need to accommodate a large number of students, a group make-up lesson may be scheduled so that all of the lessons are finished by the end of the session.
- Lessons canceled due to inclement weather, any other emergency school closing, or any school related activity will not be made up.
FLUTE - Vanamali Medina: firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-812-2715
M.M. University of British Columbia. B.M. St. Olaf College, Director, Lake Sylvia Institute
CLARINET/SAX/OBOE - Chuck Linderkamp: email@example.com, 612-722-8912
B.A. Gustavus Adolphus College, Performer with Bend in the River Big Band, Too Darn Hot
Trumpet/Trombone/Tuba/French Horn - John Baumgartner: firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-366-7529
B.M. of Music Performance, University of Northwestern St. Paul. Recording and touring with Coyote Kid, Performing with Shirts & Skins, Big Toe and Jam, and various other ensembles.
PERCUSSION - Brad Draper: email@example.com, 612-202-6580
Masters of Music, Percussion Performance, University of Minnesota. Bachelor of Music Education, University of Northern Colorado. Co-owner and drummer for Power of 10, a 10-piece R&B/funk band performing throughout the Twin Cities, freelance drummer and percussionist for other theater, rock and jazz groups.
*Payments must be made to Mahtomedi Community Education after scheduled with the instructor: